Some recipes are just too bizarre not to try. Well friends, this is one of those recipes. Lemon herbed chickpeas on a sweet potato? You know you’re curious.
I was inspired by this recipe, but put my own neon spin on it.
Baked Sweet Potato with Lemon Herbed Chickpeas and Tahini
- 4 medium sweet potatoes rinsed well
- 15 oz chickpeas, cooked and rinsed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- ¼ c fresh oregano, roughly chopped
Avocado Tahini, and Yogurt Whip
- 1 ripe avocado, medium
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp tahini
- ¼ c 2% fat plain greek yogurt
- ¼ c water
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Use a fork to pierce a few holes around the sweet potatoes (maybe 6 stabs each). Place potatoes on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake for 45-60 minutes or until tender to the touch. The larger your sweet potato, the longer they will need to bake.
- Combine the chickpeas, olive oil, lemon, garlic, parsley and oregano in a bowl. Stir well to coat the chickpeas in the oil and herb mixture. Set aside.
Avocado, Tahini and Yogurt Whip
- Add avocado, salt, tahini, yogurt, water, garlic, parsley, oregano and lemon to a food processor and process until smooth. Add an additional tablespoon of water at a time to thin the consistency to your liking. Place in a bowl and refrigerate until you’re ready to plate the potatoes.
- Once the sweet potatoes are finished cooking, cut a slit down the middle of each potato. Mash the inside slightly to make room of the chickpea mixture. Carefully spoon in the chickpeas. Finish with a healthy dollop of the avocado whip. Salt as needed and enjoy!
Mention @the.neon.kitchen or tag #theneonkitchen!
Leave a Reply