From the soy salmon to the sambal oelek mayo, this bowl is a true showstopper. LJ knows my affinity for the dish, and whips it up for me on occasion. Last time he did I took notes, and this grilled asian salmon bowl was born.
It is sweet and spicy and everything nice. Trust me.
- Grill or griddle
- 2-3 peppers (sweet or bell)
- 8 oz whole mushrooms (any variety will do)
- 1 zucchini, cut into thick slices
- 1 white onion, sliced into wide rings
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ tsp gochugaru (Korean chili flakes)
- pinch of kosher salt
- 3 tbsp soy sauce (reduced sodium)
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp mirin
- ½ tsp sriracha
- ½ tsp gogugong (optional)
- ½ tsp sesame seeds
- ¼ tsp sesame oil
- juice from ½ lime
- 1 lb fresh salmon (skin removed), cut into 4 pieces
- ¼ c mayo
- 1 tbsp hot chili paste (such as sambal oelek)
- Prehead grill to 350.
- Toss all ingridents well.
- Whisk together all ingredients. Brush ½ of the marinade over the salmon. If making ahead, you can let the salmon marinade in a ziplock bag in the fridge for 1-2 hour before cooking.
- Mix the two ingredients together well
- Lay vegetables flat on the grill and roast for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, flip over.
- Add salmon and cook for additional 10-12 minutes
- edamame (I use frozen and shelled)
- 3 scallions, thinnly sliced diagonally
- nori (seaweed)
Mention @the.neon.kitchen or tag #theneonkitchen!