Some things just belong together: Rita Wilson and Tom Hanks, hot chocolate and marshmallows and of course, fresh lemon juice and asparagus.
Every time I find asparagus on sale, I buy a few bunches and make this side dish.
Lemon and Garlic Roasted Asparagus
Simple and fresh asparagus side dish
- 1 lb. asparagus with woody ends snapped off
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small juiced lemon + zest from ½ or a whole lemon, I like using zest from the whole lemon. It’s VERY zingy
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Place the asparagus, olive oil and lemon juice in a large bowl. Gently toss until the asparagus is completely coated.
- Lay the asparagus flat on a foil-lined baking sheet. Be careful not to over-crowd. Pour the remaining lemon juice and olive oil from the bowl over the asparagus.
- Cook the asparagus for 8 minutes.
- Turn the asparagus over and sprinkle the minced garlic, lemon zest, salt and pepper over the asparagus evenly. Cook an additional 5-8 minutes
- Serve immediately. Pour any remaining pan juices over the dish and enjoy!
Mention @the.neon.kitchen or tag #theneonkitchen!
Leave a Reply