I’ve found that people usually fall into one of two categories on the mushroom appreciation spectrum: Either you love ‘em, or you hate ‘em. In my house we are team HOLY SHIITAKE WE LOVE MUSHROOMS. As such, I’m always looking for ways to spruce up my fungi.
This fast and easy recipe is a great way to prepare mushrooms. The fresh thyme breathes new life into your usual mushroom routine, and the zesty lemon notes bring it home.
LEMON AND THYME ROASTED MUSHROOMS
Fresh thyme breathes new life into your usual mushroom routine, and the zesty lemon notes bring it home!
- 1 lb. sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 2 tsp fresh thyme, leaves removed from stems + a few full sprigs for plating
- ½ lemon, juiced + 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- ½ tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Place the mushrooms, lemon juice, butter, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl. Stir until the mushrooms are evenly coated.
- Lay out the mushrooms in a single layer on a large foil-lined baking sheet.
- Cook for 18-20 minutes, rotating the pan once at the halfway point.
- Remove mushrooms from oven and place in a large bowl. Top with thyme and lemon zest.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Mention @the.neon.kitchen or tag #theneonkitchen!
Leave a Reply