There’s a funny story behind this recipe.
A few months ago (pre-pandemic) I was itching to experiment with miso paste, but couldn’t find it at my local grocery store. I headed over to Amazon, dropped a couple in my shopping cart and forgot about them until they showed up at my door a few days later. When I opened the package, I was surprised to see 2 jumbo-sized bags of miso paste staring back at me. I’m talking two industrial-sized, 2 lb. bags. They were huge. It appeared that in all my Amazon Prime ordering excitement, I neglected to check sizing.
I wish I could say that was the first time that happened to me, but I cannot.
Luckily, with 6 month expiration dates, I have plenty of time to experiment. A hard job, I know, but I like a challenge.
In my recent recipe testing with this ingredient, I’ve stumbled upon several keepers, with this miso roasted cauliflower being one of my favorite discoveries.
Miso Roasted Cauliflower
- 2 large heads cauliflower cut into small florets
- ⅓ cup white miso paste
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 scallions sliced diagonally
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Line a large baking sheet with foil
- Combine the miso, vinegar, soy sauce, olive oil, and red pepper flakes in a bowl. Whisk until smooth.
- Place the cauliflower in a large bowl and drizzle with the miso dressing. Stir well until the cauliflower is evenly covered with the miso dressing. Spread the cauliflower in a single layer on the baking sheet. *Do not overcrowd pan
- Roast for 35-40 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes until the cauliflower is tender.
- Toss with green onions if using and serve immediately.
Mention @the.neon.kitchen or tag #theneonkitchen!