I can’t get enough roasted cauliflower in my life. I love it as a side dish, and I love it front and center on my plate. These delightful cauliflower tacos include both South American and North African spices in a flavorful, mouthwatering combo.
I highly recommend whipping up the easy Avocado Lime Crema I outlined in this post as well. It’s simple, and really adds something special to the dish.
Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpea Tacos
- 4 corn or flower tortillas, heated
- 1½ + 1 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 large cauliflower head, cut into florets
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced.
- 1 tbsp hot Mexican chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp Harissa seasoning
- ¼ tsp red chili flakes
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 c corn
- 5 white mushrooms, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 15 oz cooked chickpeas
- 1 lime, juice half, and use the other half for garnish
- 2 tbsp cilantro, roughly chopped
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Add cauliflower, onion, Mexican chili powder, cumin, Harissa, red chili flakes and salt into a large mixing bowl and drizzle with 1½ tbsp olive oil. Stir to combine. Transfer the cauliflower mixture to a large foil-lined baking sheet and spread out evenly. Arrange so the ingredients are laying flat on the pan so they are nicely roasted. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Add corn, mushrooms and garlic to the cauliflower pan and stir to combine. Arrange again so that all of the ingredients are laying flat on the pan.
- Dry the chickpeas very well to remove any access water and transfer to a parchment paper lined baking pan. Drizzle remaining olive oil and a pinch of salt over the chickpeas and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Add prepared chickpeas to the oven. Cook both the cauliflower mixture and the chickpeas for 20 minutes (on 2 separate pans)
- Remove everything from oven and combine in the same large mixing bowl you originally used. Toss with the lime juice and cilantro.
- Assemble the tacos with the cauliflower mixture on tortillas. Top with feta, avocado lime crema, and lime wedges for serving. Enjoy!
Mention @the.neon.kitchen or tag #theneonkitchen!