I can’t get enough roasted cauliflower in my life. I love it as a side dish, and I love it front and center on my plate. These delightful cauliflower tacos include both South American and North African spices in a flavorful, mouthwatering combo.
I highly recommend whipping up the easy Avocado Lime Crema I outlined in this post as well. It’s simple, and really adds something special to the dish.
Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpea Tacos
South American and North African spices combine to deliver these mouth-watering tacos
- 4 corn or flower tortillas, heated
- 1½ + 1 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 large cauliflower head, cut into florets
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced.
- 1 tbsp hot Mexican chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp Harissa seasoning
- ¼ tsp red chili flakes
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 c corn
- 5 white mushrooms, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 15 oz cooked chickpeas
- 1 lime, juice half, and use the other half for garnish
- 2 tbsp cilantro, roughly chopped
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Add cauliflower, onion, Mexican chili powder, cumin, Harissa, red chili flakes and salt into a large mixing bowl and drizzle with 1½ tbsp olive oil. Stir to combine. Transfer the cauliflower mixture to a large foil-lined baking sheet and spread out evenly. Arrange so the ingredients are laying flat on the pan so they are nicely roasted. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Add corn, mushrooms and garlic to the cauliflower pan and stir to combine. Arrange again so that all of the ingredients are laying flat on the pan.
- Dry the chickpeas very well to remove any access water and transfer to a parchment paper lined baking pan. Drizzle remaining olive oil and a pinch of salt over the chickpeas and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Add prepared chickpeas to the oven. Cook both the cauliflower mixture and the chickpeas for 20 minutes (on 2 separate pans)
- Remove everything from oven and combine in the same large mixing bowl you originally used. Toss with the lime juice and cilantro.
- Assemble the tacos with the cauliflower mixture on tortillas. Top with feta, avocado lime crema, and lime wedges for serving. Enjoy!
Mention @the.neon.kitchen or tag #theneonkitchen!
Sooooo good!! Especially with the avocado lime crema! 🤤 Thank you!!
The Neon Kitchen
Excellent! I’m glad to hear you enjoyed it.
And you are absolutely right about the avocado lime crema!! 🙂