It’s been a weird week. Thanksgiving was a few days ago, and with Covid-19 still surging, it looked a little different for us this year. We opted to stay home and order Chinese takeout which meant that in addition to missing family and friends, we also had to forego the leftovers.
I consoled myself with this soup. It is filled with fresh, healthy ingredients and because it is a slow-cooker recipe, requires almost no effort.
Slow Cooker Minestrone Soup
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 c carrots, chopped
- 2 c potatoes, chopped
- 1.5 c chopped, celery
- 1 white onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp oregano seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 c vegetable broth, I prefer low sodium broth
- 2 c water
- 3 c original, low sodium V8 tomato sauce
- 1 (15 oz) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz) can cannellii beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 c ditalini pasta
- 1 (15 oz) can green beans, drained
- Add diced tomatoes, carrots, potatoes, celery, onion, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper, bay leaves, vegetable broth, water and V8 to the crockpot. Stir to combine. Cover and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- After cooking time is up, add the beans and pasta. Stir to combine and cover. Cook on high heat for an additonal 10 minutes until pasta is cooked through.
- Discard the bay leaves and serve. Enjoy!
Mention @the.neon.kitchen or tag #theneonkitchen!